This Is The Lawson Law, P.C. Way
Do You Know What To Do After An Accident?
Nobody plans to get into a car crash. But it is a good idea to know ahead of time what you should do if you ever end up injured in a wreck caused by a negligent driver.
Lawson Law, P.C., is the law firm you turn to after a car or truck accident. We have helped clients after a wide variety of auto accidents. No matter the circumstances of your accident, there are certain things you can do to protect your rights and improve your chances of full financial compensation for your damages.
Here are 12 things we recommend you do as soon as possible after a car accident.
- Call 911. If you or anyone else in your vehicle was injured, get medical attention. Make sure a police officer arrives on the scene.
- Take pictures. Use your cellphone or camera to take photos of the crash scene and the damage to your vehicle. If possible, have someone photograph your injuries.
- Do not talk to the other motorist. Emotions may be running high. You do not want something you say in the heat of the moment to potentially hurt your rightful claim.
- Talk to the police officer. Get your version of events on the record.
- Talk to witnesses. If anyone saw the accident happen, try to get their names and contact information. Your attorney may want to speak with them later.
- Go to the hospital. Even if you do not think you were badly hurt, some car accident injuries are not immediately obvious. Let a doctor examine you so you know for sure what happened to you.
- Ask for a copy of the police report. This is often one of the most important pieces of evidence in a personal injury lawsuit.
- Get a copy of your medical records, too. It is also vital that you can show how the accident affected your physical abilities and well-being.
- Follow your doctor’s orders. Take any medication as prescribed and complete recommended physical therapy.
- Accept your new limits. It can be easier said than done, but you do not want to make your injuries worse by trying to do more than you are currently able to do.
- Be patient. Resolving a personal injury claim the right way can take time. Avoid the temptation to accept a lowball offer from the insurance adjuster just to end the matter. You deserve a settlement that prevents financial catastrophe.
- Most of all, call a lawyer. Besides medical treatment, hiring an experienced personal injury attorney is the most important move you can make following a motor vehicle crash.
Talk To Someone Who Understands. No Cost, No Obligation.
If you were injured in a car accident, call 678-680-8755 to talk with a Lawson Law, P.C., lawyer at no cost.